Thursday, March 15, 2007

Shocking Moment

It was early in the morning that my boss called me into his office. I knew something to do with my contract which is due this month. I pestered him several times about the renewal status and he is not sure about it. As the company is undergoing a massive re-structuring by removing APAC level to achieve "lean" organization, no one in China APAC knows what is going to happen, including my boss. I really do not like to pester him since I know he can not give me an answer, but my house lease is due, and so as my work permit "visa". All these thing is pushing me for an answer ! Finally my boss's boss came today to make an announcement. Thank god, at last he came and gave us a latest updates. As expected, my name does not appear in the new org chart. I am OUT !!! For that moment, I was blackout and blank !! How am going to cope ? How am I going to find a new job ? When I broke out this news to my colleagues through on-line mail, my tears swelled and flowed. It is not so much for leaving China, but the feeling of leaving my good friends and peers in the company made me sad. When they wrote back "be strong" "be cool", more tears came out. It was uncontrollable !! It was just the soft character in me, which reflected the human weakness. That is how religion comes into rescue. I started to accept the reality, the truth of life that "it is not a sure thing", be it pleasure or pain, happy or sad. I am better now. That's for sure. Just like death, that's for sure too.

No comments: